BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Kirt Lee Sessions


Oh Kirt. He is two and 1/2 years old, born on July 31th 2006. He has blue eyes blonde hair, and fair skin, which he gets from the whites side. HA!
You could fill a book of info about Kirt and you would barely cover it all. Many who have met Kirt would all agree that he is busy and very curious. (Such a boy) He is very inquisitive and loves to help me with everything, (I mean every little thing) whether it be helping me take the laundry out of the dryer or helping me with dinner. He is always testing my patience, Every so often I will wake up to find some mess that Kirt has made while both Jon and I are sound asleep. I can never take my eyes off him for a fraction of a second he finds something to get into. Here is just a list of things I have had to clean up: (all under the age of 3)

Cornstarch, Flour, Oats, Milk, Juice, soda, a whole bottle of bleach, nail polish, and nail polish remover, toothpaste, makeup, Mac and cheese, ect,.... the list goes on.

Now I know what some of you are thinking, why don't have child looks and stuff put in high places and how did he get some of that stuff open? In my defense I do have such items, locks, and what not to keep him out. However Kirt learned a very young age on how to open things and find his way around locks. I was so excited the first time he could turn a lid and twist off caps, what is didn't realize was the consequences I would face later on for it. He was only a little over one when he started to open stuff. He would take the bottle lids off, and whatever had a lid to challenge his new found capability to open.


Anyways, the stuff parents never tell you about having your own kids or what they dealt with when you were a child can be down right grotesque. I don't feel the need to go into any gory details however I will say be prepared for anything a child can dish out no matter what end it comes out of.

As of today Kirt is growing ever taller and leaner. He is so picky and I feel this is pay back for the torture I put my mom threw when I was a kid. We are working on potty training and he is doing pretty well. We just need to work on over night, but that is going to take some extra work on our part. I would like to start in a couple of months. I would like to make sure he is ready. He is starting to talk more even though half of the time you can't understand a word out of his mouth. Rest assured I am continually working with him and prompting him "use his words". Which brings me to another good point, when he gets upset and starts throwing a few, I say use your words, try to tell me what you need. Granted it takes a bit for him to register what I'm saying over his own screaming, but he is getting better at it. He will stop and try to say what he wants. Now whether I say no or yes decided if the fit continues or ceases. He usually wants a snack or a drink. Overall though I would have to say that I am thankful for him he truly is a choice spirit of our Heavenly Father.

0 comments: